The Requiem and Interment for Fr. Benedict Reid will be here at the monastery on Saturday, August 14 at 11:00am.
We Want to See you Again
After a much too long suspension of our guest ministry due to COVID-19, the community of St. Gregory’s has decided that a partial re-opening is feasible.
Beginning June 1, 2021:
1) Visitors are again welcomed to attend all services in the Abbey Church up to the limited capacity currently allowed, which is 11. The Abbey Church has an air purification system that was installed a couple of years ago. Masks must be worn in church.
2) The library is open to those who wish to browse and read from books while at the library.
3) Appointments can be made for face-to-face pastoral conferences.
4) We cannot admit visitors into the dining area at this time.
Beginning July 1, 2021:
Guest bookings for St. Denys and St. Benedict’s can be made for individuals, households, and social pods. Guests will need to prepare their own meals.
For safety reasons, we have to hold with the following conditions:
1) All visitors aged 12 and over should be fully vaccinated or have immunity from having survived COVID-19.
2) Current diocesan regulations for worship will be followed.
We are still posting sermons and thoughts on our Facebook Public Group.
Saint Gregory’s Abbey is the home of a community of men living under the Rule of Saint Benedict within the Episcopal Church. The center of the monastery’s life is the Abbey Church, where God is worshiped in the daily round of Eucharist, Divine Office, and private prayer.
Also offered to God are the monks’ daily manual work, study and correspondence, ministry to guests, and occasional outside engagements.